- B.A. in Communication Studies--Southwestern University (2003)
- M.A. in Communication Studies--St.Mary's University (2006)
- M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy--St. Mary's University (2006)
- Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy--Texas Tech University (2010)
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
- San Antonio Association of Relational Therapists
I have traveled my own personal journey to find a career and true passion in life.
Two things I believe:
1. Our lives are what relationships make of it. As a result, the work we put into our relationships, regardless of what stage of life we are in, is always worth it.
2. There is no such thing as a relationship that doesn't need work. In fact, often, the best relationships are the ones in which couple never stops working. Work doesn't mean it's not hard, it means you respect your relationship enough to keep wanting to improve.
I have a passion for working with individuals and couples struggling with communication problems, sex, gender and intimacy issues, premarital counseling, relational conflict, general relationship enhancement, and family adjustment/transitions. I work from an experiential orientation, which focuses on individual growth, while recognizing and respecting the impact that our environment and experiences have on our lives.
My husband and I have been married for 11 years and have three children who fill our lives (and calendar) with joy. In my personal time, I am the Managing Director of Alamo City Moms and love reading, writing, spending time on a patio with live music, and being with my family and friends.